Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Y pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Y pipe?

im talking about the one that replaces the factory Y pipe.....how much does this effect sound/HP on the stock manifolds.....i have been looking to buy LTs and ORY but my money situation right now isnt that great as of late.....i do plan on doing long tubes eventually (after i get back from iraq again) ....basically what i need to know is, is the sounds going to change (louder, quieter, raspy, tame)....is the HP going to change (up, down) i dont really see it as a waste of money if i atleast get some sound out of it because i can always sell the cats and make back 130 bucks on the original price! what do you guys think

oh ya i have a TSP RUMBLER CATBACK right now ...thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

waste of money if your going with LT's.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the sound will get a little bit louder, but thats it, no power gains at all. when i was stock with only a flowmaster muffler, i changed to this y and shorty headers and the sound only increased a little bit, but it was noticeable. still sounded good! unless your gonna stay stock with stock cats and such, just get something custom fabbed up that will fit better with your LT's
Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

brush the mod bug away, it will be a waste

Quick Reply: SLP Y pipe?