Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some help on new exhaust please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help on new exhaust please.

I am trying to upgrade my 02 a4 t/a without voiding the warranty. I talked to my dealer and he said cat-back exhaust doesnt void it as long as the o2 sensor in front of the cat isnt relocated so cat back is all i can do. Are the pipes after the cat big enough just to buy and weld in a new muffler or should i go with a full catback with new piping from some company. Also, would a flowmaster 80series replacing stock muffler be louder than borla catback, i hear that borla is pretty suddle. Any advice on some good exhaust systems would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Some help on new exhaust please.

well if money is a problem go with flowmaster muffler. the factory pipes are good enough if your looking to just change the muffler. it will give you a differ sound, performance wise a little gain. the next choices would be hooker cat-back, slp loudmouth, or if you have the bread go with borla. just my input! :p
Old 05-01-2003, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

If you have a SS or WS6 then you can do just a muffler due to the better flowing exhuast, like I did and get with in 1 to 2 HP of what a cat back would give ya. all others should do the cat back, and do not go flowmaster!
they may sound good but, they do not flow as good as the GM mufflers so you will get a little sound but loose HP,

Get yourself a Magnaflow

I love it
Old 05-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

another vote for the magnaflow catback! i replaced my flowmaster with this system and i love it. i could actually feel the gain. i didn't know you could lose power with a flowmaster. maybe that's why i dynoed 293 hp
Old 05-01-2003, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

What do you want out of a cat back. Do you want it to be really loud, or just loud under acceleration, and how much are you willing to spend. Let us know what you want, and we help you out more