Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pace setters vs edelbrock headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pace setters vs edelbrock headers

Hey, i have been reading and i can't deside which to get. I know not many people run the edelbrocks but i have heard good things about them but i have not heard anything bad about pace setters any many people have them. I'm on a budget and don't have the money for kooks or the $900 headers. So my question is should i go with the edelbrock headers or the pace setter headers? Advantages to one of the other? Or maybe another brand i didnt list above for the same price range. Any input would be great. thanks guys. Sorry if this is a repost, I searched it and couldn't find anything on it.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

the eldebrock have a nice merge collector, but they will stil flow about the same. You can't go wrong with either one, just get the one you get the better deal on.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had both and was happy with both brands. Currently I run the stepped Edelbrock LT's. Quality is better on these, and fit is fantastic for both. The HVMC of the Edelbrock, and the stepped design should mean slightly more power then the Pacesetter. Also the Y pipe on for the Edelbrocks is far superior to the that of Either the Pacesetter Y pipe, or even the TSP y pipe for that matter. The ceramic coating of the Pacesetters is certainly better then the Edelbrock Ti-tech coating though.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
I have had both and was happy with both brands. Currently I run the stepped Edelbrock LT's. Quality is better on these, and fit is fantastic for both. The HVMC of the Edelbrock, and the stepped design should mean slightly more power then the Pacesetter. Also the Y pipe on for the Edelbrocks is far superior to the that of Either the Pacesetter Y pipe, or even the TSP y pipe for that matter. The ceramic coating of the Pacesetters is certainly better then the Edelbrock Ti-tech coating though.
Agreed...although I feel the Edels. are far superior..like all their products have proven to be for decades. Get ceramic coated .........
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Happy with my Edelbrock's.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
Any dyno numbers for the different set ups? Thanks for the help and keep them coming please
Old 06-07-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biga0206
Any dyno numbers for the different set ups? Thanks for the help and keep them coming please
Sorry no dyno results yet. I will have some bolt on dyno results, and cam dyno results in approx 3 weeks though.