Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Cable Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Cable Help

I just bought a Power Products 85mm throttle body with spacer for the stock LS1 intake. After putting it on, I realized that the throttle cable is too short when using the spacer. Is there an easy way to adjust the throttle cable?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

turning the little black box on the throttle cable will adjust it slightly, but it sounds like you might should have looked at the arrangements of your order first
Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

I'll take a look at that little black box thing. Hopefully that will help. I inquired about any installation issues at time of purchase and I was told that I wouldn't have any problems as long as I had the spacer. I would've bought the 80mm if I knew that I would have this issue with the 85mm.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Hammer28
I'll take a look at that little black box thing. Hopefully that will help. I inquired about any installation issues at time of purchase and I was told that I wouldn't have any problems as long as I had the spacer. I would've bought the 80mm if I knew that I would have this issue with the 85mm.

yea i thought the spacer was to mount the 80mm onto the ls6 intake, i would think with the 85 mm there will still be a uneven transition from your t/b to the intake.

i did see where another member actually grinded the opening on the ls6 intake to match the 85mm t/b, then used the t/b gasket cut to fit to seal it on...