Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best header for a lowered car???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best header for a lowered car???

Trying to decide which header to put on a basically stock TA. I just lowered it about a week ago with the Eibach pro-kit springs and it made a big difference so clearance will be an issue. I like the QTP's cause they are stainless and the flanges match the exhaust ports. Also they show their cars having no clearance issues on lowered cars but if you look closely, you will notice that there is a bracket welded to the frame holding the Y-pipe up and out of the way.

I'm not going to pay the extra money for the high velocity merge collectors, I just don't think it will make that big of a difference. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also I'm up for any other suggestions for headers, like FLP's. If you have dyno numbers please post. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Best header for a lowered car???

The FLPs tuck up nicely, that is what I went with and I like them alot. Great quality, and mine fit like a glove. I gained 20 RWHP (Peak) and 20 FTLBS (across the board) with cats and a blot on M6. I have heard that the Hookers tuck up nicely also?

-Nick
Old 05-06-2003, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best header for a lowered car???

I have a friend with the Hooker LT's. They do in fact tuck up nice and tight - you can barely see them when you lay down and look in towards the engine.

Mike M