Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with bolt ons

im plan on increasing hp but not a lot heres what im looking at slp load mouth,air lid,mafs, smooth bellow and ram air,eibach sport springs for looks i dont want to go over board because i was told my car is rare being a ls1 hardtop and being bright blue.is this true? thanks
Old 05-10-2003, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help with bolt ons

SLP Loudmouth...I like it but I am not a big fan of the way it sounds on LS1's. Good system but not the first one I'd buy. Look at a Dynomax, Magnaflow or other comparable system. IMO, stay away from Flowmasters. Good sound, not real good power gains when compared to the newer systems out there.

As for the airlids, anything is an improvement over the stock setup. I have a Direct-Flo. There are offerings from TSP, MTI, and others that are equally beneficial. The higher the cost will not necessarily equal more power gain. Spend wisely. Pair it up with a good filter (K&N, Holley, etc.) and it'll serve its purpose well.

A smooth bellows may or may not get you any power gain but it sure does look better than the accordian!

As for the rarity of the car. Cars really don't make good investments. Don't get hung up on the "my car is rare because it's a ..." school of thought. You will never see any exponential profit from the car ever so have fun with it! It only gets better from here.

Where in Pittsburgh are you? I used to live in Brookline and I still have a lot of relatives and friends there. I usually get there twice a year. Have fun modding! It's addictive.