Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me decide on a set of LT's

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me decide on a set of LT's

i currently have mac mids and am upgrading to longtubes.... its a bolt on/cam only car.... i LOVE the way SLP's longtubes sound but is the clearance much worse than others.....ALSO i plan on picking up a set used and am on a budget... do the 1 7/8 longtubes really make more power and sound better than the 1 3/4ths? whats your guys' opinions and clearance like with your setup?

Last edited by fastjarred98; 08-08-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, currently I am involved with a friends car which is a big cube, th400, stalled 01 t/a that is running 10.6's at the moment. He went from a hollowed out, bent up y pipe and LM exhaust to 2 turn downs after the headers. No peak power increase but the power came in sooner. These off a 1-3/4 QTP LT Stainless header.

He has a deal working to try out a set of Kooks 1-7/8" headers, I wonder myself if the power will come in even sooner or if his peak will improve.

For you, I dont see you at the track only, trailered car stage, get 1-3/4" primaires, staineless steel headers and you will be fine. I went with Dynatech, great fitment, a complete kit that needs nothing, i mean nothing. If you get headers only I expect you would pay in the 500-700 range.

OR go ceramic coated, which is marginally cheaper but the headers look like *** after a few years and can rot out eventually.

Just check the forsale section, alot of great deals out there.