Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with coil brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with coil brackets

ok im doing and head cam swap from a 98 perimeter to centerbolt getting ready to put the valve covers and coils on the brackets, i see how the coils fit maybe but instead of the lead for the wire pointing down the coils will only go on pointing toward the front or rear of the car, the wires i have are way too short and when mounting some of the coils have to be facing different directions but still look to close to get the wires on any one ran into this problem i need help i wanted to get the car done tomorrow the coil bracket bolts right up to the valve cover they are supposedly off a truck with a 6.0l
this is the only thing holding me up i thought i had everything before i started im pretty pissed now i want to have the car buttoned up for tomorrow night

a BIG TIA
Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

I think they may be for ls2 style coils is that possible-----

ok the brackets are for the truck coils with fins, where can i find a set of the correct coil brackets fast

Last edited by 98TA_vert; 08-17-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do not know what to tell you. I went from perimeter bolt covers to center bolt after the head swap and all my coil connectors point down and out.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

did a some research today, apparently certain trucks have coils that are made different- they have an aluminum heatsink on them and they mount different looks like im off to dealer called this morning not in stock it takes them 2 days to get them, that will hold me up a bit i should be used to this by now but it never gets less aggravating the car will sit till tues or weds waiting for coil brackets