Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Additive claims 100% hydrocarbon burn, Legit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Additive claims 100% hydrocarbon burn, Legit?

So I heard about this on the radio and looked it up on the sight and was wondering what you guys thought about it.

It's called CA-40 and if what they claim it does is true it looks like you could gain some hp and quiet a bit of gas mileage, they claim like 10% or more in most cases of gas mileage.

Here is the link.

http://www.ca40g.com/home.php

Kinda seems to good to be true but I was thinking about trying some, it is pretty cheap and you only need 10z. per 15-20 gallons. Supposed to make fuel burn more efficiently and cleaner, could help with some of you guys with emission problems, who knows......
Old 08-28-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

ls1's are supposed to : lovve oil ; lovee fuel! and C ; rip ricers and other v8's Questions anyone? stay away from the additives, the best way to get good gas mileage is use your double overdrive 6th gear and keep your foot out of it and put premium fuel in it for better performance and efficient burning.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

It does seem pretty legit. Ill wait untill there are independent trials that comfirm what they say before I put it in my engine.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

Snake oil, they all are. Anyone claiming to add 10%+ mileage with a bottle is full of it.