Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ideads for the next step.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideads for the next step.

As of today I now have all of the suspension work done ( subframes, control arms, torque arm, and QA1 shocks and springs) and everything else in my sig. The passetter LT's will be on next tuesday with the ORY-pipe and new plugs and wires and then a tune in a week or two. What do you think should be my next mods? In the long run, in about 6 months I want to get a new cam and heads and run nitrous. What should go on inbetween now and then?
Old 09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

If you didn't have an LS6 intake already on the car then I would suggest that. Are you planning on running nitrous at all? if so I would say maybe you could look into the FAST 90/90 setup with nitrous injection. Otherwise, I think you're pretty set on mods.

In fact, what are your altogether plans for the car? Strictly drag car or street/drag?
Old 09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Yes I want to put nitous in the future and street/drag.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Well then you're going to need to rebuild the engine then, new rods, valves and valve springs to handle the nitrous. I would go with an intake that would let you do direct port injection, that way you can turn around and sell your ls6 intake. Also think about gears and a new rear end, as well as poly motor mounts and tranny mount.