Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change in gas mileage with TB's

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change in gas mileage with TB's

I am thinking about getting a bigger throttle body maybe a 85mm Performance Parts TB. But I am wondering if getting a bigger TB will do anything to your gas mileage? Is it going to go way down? And another question is when you port and polish a factory TB, what size of TB do they compare to 85...90 or would a aftermarket TB that size better off?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your car is stock or you only have bolt-ons, your best bet is to just port the stock one. Your not going to fit an 85 or 90mm without a bigger bellow to connect to the lid and that would just be ridiculous to use unless you are running heads/cam or spray and the fast intake manifold. Porting will not make the diameter that much bigger but it will increase throttle response and open the blade quicker and wider. The air will also flow much better after porting.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just get bo white to port your stocker... i did better with on of his ported ones than with a BBK 80mm one... stock is 75mm by the way