Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick couple of questions on headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick couple of questions on headers

im looking into getting a pair of headers to replace my stock manifolds this winter. Ive heard some good things about jet hot LT's so I had a couple questions.

1. Do jet hot LT's last a long time? it says they have a limited lifetime warranty but do they stay looking good as well?

2. Are they decent to install? Are there problems that people commonely have with installation?

3. About how loud will they be? I have a magnaflow catback as of now and i plan to keep cats, as a matter of fact the package im looking at comes with high flow cats it says.

4. In your general opinion, are these a good choice to go with for the money?

im looking to get these from http://www.lmperformance.com/3652/1.html
providing they are a reliable website that i can feel safe using.

thanks for your help
Old 10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are going to be quite a bit louder than stock manifolds.
To install you might have to grind down a tab on the rear of the drivers side block...you will see which one when you try to fit them in.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

aight well i do want something louder for sure so thats all good.

Is there a general opinion here about these particular headers? good or bad, and also has anyone ever used that website i posted there? It seems like a good deal but i dont wanna buy from an unreliable source
Old 10-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Launching!

I looked into their coatings for my American Racing LT's, but I decided against it. I've seen so many coatings on different materials bubble or otherwise fail, so I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd rather wrap them if need be. So far, underhood temps are hotter, but they seem okay. I find myself popping the hood more frequently to let it cool off.
You might want to consider stainless headers if you plan on keeping the car a long time.
My .02
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Hooker on my 00, basically the same header. I have Jet hots on my 94. They install pretty easy and coating is always a plus. It will be a little louder, but with cats it won't be very loud. I'd go for them.