Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building an x-pipe for Duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Building an x-pipe for Duals

Hello All,
I'm going to be fabbing up and building a dual exhaust system for my 427. Right now I have the AR headers and y-pipe, and would like to build the dual exhaust from the y-pipe back. I have to fit this in a spohn cross brace mounted torque arm, so what I was thinking about doing was to get a high-flow y-merge, and attaching it to the end of the formed merge collector on the back of the y-pipe. The end of that formed merge collector is larger then 3" diameter, its more like 3.25-3.5" (don't have an exact measurement) so I believe that this would be a good option to save space and not effect flow. I just wanted to get the opinion of some of you exhaust guru's in here before I order a y-merge. It will be a full 3" exhaust system over the axle. Last thing I need to do is figure out what mufflers to use, I was thinking about mounting two borla xr-1's right before the tips in the back. I don't want anything too loud, but still need that flow.

TIA,
Adrian
Attached Thumbnails Building an x-pipe for Duals-picture-003.jpg  
Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just posted something very similiar to what your doing. Check it out: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/792820-qtp-edelbrock-stainless-headers-true-duals-help.html
Old 10-04-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks a lot for the post, that is really helpful. I think I will contact them when I get the chance to have them fab me up a custom x-pipe. That looks like it will fit just right.

Adrian