Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Exhaust system needed, input wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust system needed, input wanted!

Hey guys,

I want to put new exhaust on my 2001 Camaro SS that runs consistent 11.70s @ 119mph. The current set up is Pace Setter Headers into an SLP Loud Mouth exhaust. No mufflers, just resonators. It is too loud for the street, which is where I want to bring the back to. Here are my options; there is basically no difference in cost.

1) A true dual exhaust X-pipe with mufflers. 3 inch exhaust, custom rolled, mandrel bent etc.

2) The GMMG Chambered Exhaust unit. Here is the link.
http://www.gmmginc.net/Exhaust/index.php

I do not have a good background in late model exhaust so any help would be great! I know a good X-pipe with a good muffler is a close second to running open headers, which is where I am leaning.

Thanks!
-Dan

Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Veteran

I have GMMG and love it to death. If you go with GMMG get some cats.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

put out your arms like a scale....one hand represents True Duals(performance/ET's) and the other hand represents GMMG Catback(being not so loud for the street), now raise the one you care more about and go with that!!

No but seriously, the True Duals are going to be loud, but its a nice deep loud as opposed to the Loudmouth's high pitch scream type loud thats cops love to write tickets for. With the TD's the cops pull you over to check out your set-up instead of write you a ticket.... HaHa wouldn't that be nice.