Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger-side fenderwell wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:26 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Passenger-side fenderwell wiring question

Ok, I have a question regarding a wire that is part of the wiring harnesses that run across the top of the passenger-side fenderwell in the engine bay. I recently had to replace the entire engine wiring harness. I replaced it with a wiring harness out of another A4-equipped 2000 Trans Am (same as mine). Now my question is regarding an extra plug coming from the wiring harness that I don't have an existing wire to plug it into. They're two white wires, and are twisted together. Is this something important such as a ground? I'm having an electrical gremlin of sorts, and the car isn't always running. Everything checks out diagnostically, so I was wondering if that wire held some importance. The mechanic says the car keeps throwing a 5 volt reference, so that's why got me to thinking about that extra wire. Any help, thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only twisted wires on these cars in that region that i can think of run to the ABS sensor on the Wheel hub. I think those wires are green and white though.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

That could possibly explain why the ABS light is on on my dash now

They could be green & white wires. I don't have the car in front of me right now, but I remember a white wire and them being twisted together.