Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about header size to head port size?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about header size to head port size?

I'm about to pick up a set of the LSW All Pro 6 bolt per cylinder heads and found out the exhaust ports are 1 7/8". I have custom turbo headers at 1 3/4". It looks like the headers are welded on the inside of the flange, I was going to just bevel them so it had a smooth transition but I'm thinking I might break the welds holding the pipe to the flange.

You guys think it would be real bad to just mate the two different sizes like that anyway? I don't like it, but don't know how bad that would reflect on the exhaust flow. Since the ports are oval, the headers would only be smaller than the head ports on the two outside edges. Might have to look at putting the AFR's on after all.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-19-2007, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

TTT, any thoughts would be cool..
Old 10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

weld then on the outside, and bevel
Old 10-19-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks, I would kiss my hot coating good bye but that will be the only option if I want bevel. I think my head choice is going to be revised instead, I'm looking into it but I want to stay with a 6 bolt per cylinder head if possible, options are limited to a couple heads and one vendor doesn't answer email or the phone..