Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uneven Pipe Soot

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uneven Pipe Soot

I have a stock 2003 Z06 LS6. The inside of the two left pipes is much dirtier than the inside of the right two pipes. I assume that I am running rich on the left side. Hopefully running correct and not lean on the other.

The car threw the 10PCM P0160 HC Heated Oxygen Sensor (H02S) Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2-B ... right (passenger) side 02 sensor code.

Are these conditions related?

If so, will replacement of the sensor solve the problem?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 216 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

They may be tied in together ultimately. But bank 2 Sensor 2 refers to the sensor that monitors cat effectiveness, so if that malfunctions, it wouldn't cause you to run rich on that bank. You may be rich for other reasons, and that could be affecting your cat and the #2 sensor.

Scanning your fuel trims and checking your AFR with wideband will determine if you are overfueling. Then you will have to isolate the cause.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
They may be tied in together ultimately. But bank 2 Sensor 2 refers to the sensor that monitors cat effectiveness, so if that malfunctions, it wouldn't cause you to run rich on that bank. You may be rich for other reasons, and that could be affecting your cat and the #2 sensor.

Scanning your fuel trims and checking your AFR with wideband will determine if you are overfueling. Then you will have to isolate the cause.
Thanks!