Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wierd miss fire.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wierd miss fire.

Ok guys so I drove my car on a Friday night and it ran great. Started it up the following thursday and it ran like crap. I thought that it might be the cool weather or something and plus it hadnt been started in a weak. It kept hesitating at a low rpm and would spit and sputter. I thought there might be some junk in the injectors so once it got up to temp. I floored it and it seemed to have less power then usual and it spit and popped like crazy at about 4,000 rpm. I pulled into a gas station popped my hood and made sure that all the wires were on tight and they were all popped on. I kept driving hoping it would get better and it never did. So I babied it to my buddys house and we hooked up his scanner and it said that there was a random miss on 2 and 6. I am planning on trying to figure this all out this weekend and wanted some tips. I think the first thing im gonna do is switch just the wires from 2and 6 over to 1 and 5 and see if the miss follows it. Hopefully it does. Other wise im gonna try the coil,plug and then injector if need be. I put NGK plugs and Taylor wires on in the spring when I did my headers and since then put about 15,000 daily drivin miles on it. Do wires go that fast with headers? And can someone tell me if its safe to drive to my buddys thats about 20 miles from me? Any info or related info would be great fully appreciated. Thanks in advance, Frank.

I almost forgot to say that I put new gas in it as well and used seafoam with the last two oil changes in the tank.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Banned

try the plugs also u might have a intake leak is it back fireing bad ? or running rich ?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

no its not really back firing its more of a hesitation and lack of power.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:33 AM

Im currently having the same exact issue with my 02 Z28. I was told it could be the MAF. I hope so.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

I too have been having issue with my 02 SS. I've changed plugs, wires, two coils, O2 sensors, and cleaned & greased every electric connector I could get to. Car runs better, but after it gets warm still acts up on restarts, then goes away. Good luck
Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

I just hope its a wire. Any buddy no a price on an oem coil and oem injector?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
12 Second Club

Well my cars fixed. After taking out the plugs and seeing just how disgusting they looked with a ton of carbon built up on 2 and 6. We replaced them then hooked it up to the Motorvac and cleaned the injectors and and now it runs better then ever. The wierd thing is that I've been using seafoam for a while now and my Injectors we think were the reason behind this. For now on no more seafoam or any injector cleaner I'll just hook it up to the motorvac.