Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor signal

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock sensor signal

how do you check the knock sensor volts and resist? Do i touch the knock sensors for the ground? I could never get signal.

Also the harness is damaged that goes to the knock sensor. Can i just connect it back together or what? I know that sounds like a dumb question but i know some parts of the wiring are complex?

Last question, how does the knock sensors work? There are two of them but only one wire that leads to them. How does it send the signal back to the pcm and can you get the wires mixed up...like only this wire can go on this knock sensor?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look up the KS codes at gearchatter.com it shows the troubleshooting procedures/values. Is the intake off and the harness underneath damaged? Not sure what you're asking.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i went to gear chatter and its kind of confusing. Its the wiring underneath the intake. I already repaired the wiring with just regular connectors and re-installed the intake. Went and got it scanned and both knock sensors are still throwing low input. Ill probably take the intake off again and just replace the two sensors. I just could get a reading from the wiring. I dont know...im about to give up and take it to someone. I have been fighting this for a year now. The secondary air is throwing a code and now my tp is throwing a code. These ls1 are picky from what i can see.