Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil temp sensor location

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil temp sensor location

i bought a lq9 motor, and im wandering about installing my oil temp sensor in the cooling lines above the filter. there is a plug on the back (flywheel) side of the block. could i drill this out for i/2 npt. would it be better to install the sensor in line befor or after the cooler? is there any way to put it where the oil pan level sensor is, as that is where i really want it ?
i've done a little searching that helped with all the other guages, but i've still got questions about this one
Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if they are the same, but I ended-up pulling the fitting off the top outer edge of the oil filter base (on the oil pan) and drilled and tapped it. I thought this was the same fitting Y-bodys have their oil temp' sending units in. It was kind of a pain because the LTs are right there but there is plenty of clearance. If I am correct in my assumption, I think this would be the simplest place to have it. You may not have that option because of your lines though...

Quick Reply: oil temp sensor location