Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is up with my plugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF is up with my plugs

I pulled a couple of plugs today just to see what everything looked like. I started with #3 it looked like it was running a little rich, so I pulled #4 and it looked great. I decided to pull the rest of them out and found that all of the plugs on the drivers side looked like they were rich and all of the plugs on the passenger side looked good. What could be causing one side of the motor run rich? No codes were thrown and the car felt like it was running good.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Aftermarket fuel rails?

Sounds like the problem resides in the rail, since fuel enters on the driver's side first and that just happens to be the side running rich in your case.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Launching!

I'm still running stock fuel rails. You think aftermarket rails might help.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was thinking tune or o2 sensor.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say look at the O2 sensors on the drivers side. You could have one that is still within specs so a code won't set, but just out enough to fatten up your fuel.

Someone needs to explain the other post about the fuel entering the rail on the drivers side of the rail first so that is why it is rich. Lets see, a fairly stock engine, 8 injectors closing off the ends of the rails set to have their respective poppets released at a certain time at a set PSI. How can the place that the fuel enters the rail cause all of the plugs on one bank to be partially fouled?