Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH, AWESOME headers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up ARH, AWESOME headers!

This weekend I just finished installing my ARH headers/catted y. Let me tell you that these are MUCH nicer than the SLP long tubes that came off the car.

Getting the SLP's out took a few hours per side , I had to unbolt the engine from the mount and jack one side up to get enough room to get the slp's out. Taking the slps out was the hardest part of the process!! I had to take the starter out to get them off.

Once I FINALLY got the slps out it was a matter of 20 mins per side to bolt them up, torque them down and throw the plugs and wires on!!

Comparing the SLP's to the new ARH's is crazy. The slps look like a damn maze, and the ARH's are straight to the point.

The ARH's were ordered straight from the company with a custom FULL 3in catted y pipe. The whole setup is a work of art!!

The y slid right together and into the SLP loudmouth2 with no problems. I drove it around town last night a total of about 75 miles and I got NO banging of the y on anything(even my driveshaft saftey loop, a prob I had with the slps) The sound is GREAT and I dont think I lost any power from going from ORY to catted y, however the track will have to prove that next weekend. I will post updates. Pics will be posted later also.

Nick @ ARH is the man he answered EVERY question about thier product that I had without missing a beat. He said that they wouldnt be shipped until late last week(Nov 8 or 9). I got a call from ARH monday(nov 5) at about 330 just letting me know that they were shipping out!! Thats customer service. They got here on wednesday(nov 7)!! Talk about fast shipping!! ARH makes a GREAT product, they look great, fit great, TONS of ground clearance, and they sound awesome!! No regrets on spending what I did on this setup!! I would reccomend them to anyone!! Thanks ARH!!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad you like them. They are a very nice set of headers!!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are very nice, too bad more people arent willing to pay the cash for them, this is the last set of headers I will ever have unles I go bigger cubes, in that case Ill just order the 1 7/8 or 2" headers!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have ARH too. Very glad I forked out the coin!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:14 AM
12 Second Club

I ordered my set yesterday, cant wait!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:30 AM
TECH Addict

Here is the obligatory "This thread is worthless without pics" post.