Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i need a 85mm MAF/bellow?...H/C car

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do i need a 85mm MAF/bellow?...H/C car

How much extra power could i squeeze out of my car(mods in sig)if i throw a 85mm MAF with bellows on.Right now im running a stock maf with the stock bellow with a ported FAST 90/90 and TFS heads,im wondering if im restricting airflow ..Think i can pick up some more....All help is appreciated
Old 11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

With all the mods you have done to the car I would remove the maf and go with a speed density tune. your car will run better on the street and pick up about 10rwhp. you probly won't gain that much from your 85mm maf.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1320 killer
With all the mods you have done to the car I would remove the maf and go with a speed density tune. your car will run better on the street and pick up about 10rwhp. you probly won't gain that much from your 85mm maf.

I would definitly run a SD tune but the weather changes here so much im afraid the car would run like **** if i didnt mess with the tuning all the time.How can i tell if a maf is going bad,i have my car basicly tuned twice and nobody can figure out my idle issue(cold starts/idle jumping up and down a few hundred rpms/tap the gas wrong and it wants to die if i dont hold it/ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY...and it dosent happen all the time just on certin occasion which makes me think its the MAF).Is there a certin method on how to check if your MAF is bad?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

If you do an 85mm screenless MAF with the Fast Toys 85mm air lid, you would probably see at least 1 MPH in the 1/4.