Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder Racing headers- custom y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Racing headers- custom y-pipe?

First of all- has anyone else ever used the Thunder Racing long tubes? If so, are they of good quality?

Secondly- Thunder Racing tells me that I will need a custom, catless y-pipe. A technical support person there told me that I should not install O2 sensor fittings into this y-pipe, and instead use four O2 simulators. Is this advisable? I would hate to screw with my computer by tricking it like that. Is it at all possible for me to continue to run O2 sensors without the cats, perhaps with some tweeking with LS1 edit?

-Thanks for your help-
Old 06-22-2003, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Thunder Racing headers- custom y-pipe?

I have the coated thunder racing headers and love them. They are excellent quality. I used an x pipe instead of a y pipe. I don't have any cats. I just used 2 02 sims for the cats, and used my stock 02 sensors with extensions for the headers. There arn't any accomidations for EGR or AIR so there is really no reason to have cats because you won't be emmisions legal anyways. But I'm sure you could run them if you really wanted to. Hope this helps.