Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody try the new Edelbrock headers yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anybody try the new Edelbrock headers yet?

Just wondering if anybody has tried the new edelbrock headers yet or seen any dyno numbers on them.

Even have merge collectors and price is not to bad.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...mp;prmenbr=361
Old 06-28-2003, 05:16 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anybody try the new Edelbrock headers yet?

Hooker clones again, but with a merge collector.

Joe.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Do you think the merge collector is worth anything?
Old 06-28-2003, 01:03 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Not too sure, but you definatly HAVE to run a free flowing exhaust to take full advantage of the merge, if it gets over 4 psi of back pressure, it kinda voids the effect.

Joe.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are also have stepped tubes. 1 3/4s to 1 7/8s I think. Anyway I've been buggen on them also. Lots of options for the price. Only drawback I see is that the collectors are slip-on. Just would like to find out if there are any fitment issues before I buy them. I'm going with these or Pacesetters. As I said lots of options for the price-stepped headers and a merge collector.

BTW, Could I just spot weld the collectors in a few spots {say one spot on each tube} then braze em up? The brazing would be easier for me as I only have a cheapy 110V mig that doesn't weld too pretty and I can't tig nor do I want to pay to have em tigged. I could then have a buddy coat them for cheap. Does the brazing sound like a decent idea?
Old 06-29-2003, 01:29 AM
11 Second Club

They are also have stepped tubes. 1 3/4s to 1 7/8s I think. Anyway I've been buggen on them also. Lots of options for the price. Only drawback I see is that the collectors are slip-on. Just would like to find out if there are any fitment issues before I buy them. I'm going with these or Pacesetters. As I said lots of options for the price-stepped headers and a merge collector.

BTW, Could I just spot weld the collectors in a few spots {say one spot on each tube} then braze em up? The brazing would be easier for me as I only have a cheapy 110V mig that doesn't weld too pretty and I can't tig nor do I want to pay to have em tigged. I could then have a buddy coat them for cheap. Does the brazing sound like a decent idea?
They also have a "expansion cone behind the collector exit". As JPR commented their hooker clones and after looking at the Hookers its the same design along with the Jet-Hots etc.

The Hookers coated cost a little over $600 in the summit catalog and the Edelbrock's cost $389 uncoated in the jegs. Probably going to cost you $200 to get them coated and probably a bit cheaper than the Hookers but with the added features that MAY improve performance. In any case they are not a bad deal for what they are. The only question is fitment. Considering Edelbrocks resources for R&D I don't think there are going to be to many problems.

Anybody else have any thoughts on these?