Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 ported head question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 ported head question

well guys, I bought a set of CNC ported LS6 heads. They are supposed to be TSP stage 1.5, but knowbody can confirm this for me. Regardless i got them for a good price. paid 500 shipped for them. I took some pictures and wanted to know what you guys thought of the port work? I havnt seen a cnc ported head before, so im not sure if its decent or not. I have since cleaned all the caron out of the exhaust ports. AND SORRY FOR THE BIG PICTURES. NOT SURE HOW TO RESIZE THEM?? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good buy
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those heads are messed up. The rocker stud holes go all thw way through. Those holes next to the valve guides arent supposed to be there
Old 02-20-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevied916
those heads are messed up. The rocker stud holes go all thw way through. Those holes next to the valve guides arent supposed to be there
Lol, noob.

On every set of CNC ported cylinder heads I have worked with, the rocker embosses have been eliminated with the CNC process. GMPP, ETP, and AFR included. The only way to prevent a hole to the rocker is simple. After the CNC or hand porting process, tack the hole shut, re-port by hand, and spot face the bottom of the rocker bolt hole.

When you install the new rocker bolts, be sure to use a liquid Teflon to seal the studs so the heads don't leak. This is absolutely critical when putting them back togeather.