Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch Can with PCV delete

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catch Can with PCV delete

I have been searching many threads and still, I am a little confused...
I dont have any pics of my set-up but I will describe it the best I can...
I installed a catch can with the PCV system line going from the rear of the intake to the top of the can, then from the bottom outlet of the can to the Intake opening behind the T/B...I know this set-up is right...
Then, a couple of days ago I noticed the housing piece for the PCV valve cracked so I took out the whole PCV valve itself and connected it the same way minus this valve...
My question is now, since the whole PCV valve is deleted do I have to run a breather where my oil fill cap is or something completely different?..Thanks in advance...

Kev
Old 02-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will be running unmetered vacum to the crank case....not only will you suck a bunch of oil in you will pull the seals in as well. You must have a way to meter the amount of vacum pulled & a PCV valve is very effective.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was afraid thats what this situation would come down to...I think this calls for a good ole trip down to the chevy dealership for an overpriced piece...Thanks for the heads up!..

Kev
Old 02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Could I just run a breather on the passengers side valve cover or do I still need a PCV valve?..I was a dumbass and threw away almost the whole tube with everything on it...Parts direct wants 55 bucks for this piece...Does any have the PCV valve and boot assembly that they are willing to sell?..Thanks

Kev