Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

these good? help me out

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question these good? help me out

the only down side is that they are resonators, not cats, and i wanna keep it legal. i know it'll set a code. so where do i go to get a tune to eliminate that?? help me out fellas. heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI
Old 02-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

I'm headed down the same road, except I have purchased Pacesetters. One thing to consider is you will definitely need a lift to install. I bought my headers and was going to install myself, but I found out real quick it is near to impossible to install without a lift. Maybe someone has a good idea how to install without a lift, but I couldn't find one. It's gonna cost me about $350 to install by a local mechanic and that does not include tying the headers back to the 'Y' fitting. About the code, if you are interested in tuning, you can purchase HPTuners editing software and disable the rear O2 sensors that monitor CAT performance. I don't know if the handheld tuners allow you to do this, but the popular software packages all do. Honestly, I think the kit from ebay is a little on the expensive side, especially to be custom. Good luck !!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

thanks dude. where can i find HPTuners online?
thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Tough Mudder

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You don't need a lift to install headers. I've installed 5 or 6 sets in various people's driveways.

If you want a set of inexpensive stainless headers, talk to black2002ws6. I've installed, or been involved with the installation of, 3 sets of his thus far.