Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lt's and TSP TD Install help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lt's and TSP TD Install help

allright, last weekend I got my lt's on and this weekend I got my tsp tru duals on. Man the car really feels awake now and it is mean. I can now burn through first, second, and halfway through third, but it may have been because the ground was barely a bit damp. It is definitely louder, and now its a good loud thanks to the td's and not just an old truck loud. As for the td install I have some tips for anyone thinking about buying the tsp setup.

-use multipurpose grease on the insides of the bullet fittings so they can be turned easier and maneuvered. dont use wd-40 because it wont give you enough lubrication to move the bullets around.

-I jacked the car up at the rear and put the front on ramps for the install. I had plenty of room to get everything lined up and bolted down.

-Make sure the x pipe is in centerline with the driveshaft and make sure all the pipes are mated together as far as you can possibly get them without tightening the band clamps.

-When you drill the holes for the hangars you have the rear on jackstands and you can just use the jack to push up the hangars into place. I used the brackets as guides for my drill and used a 1/2" bit and using 1/2" bolts and nuts. Then you pull up the carpet from the back and everything should mount up fine.

Hope this helps anybody because I read some guides on installing the td's and didn't see this info anywhere in there. - Ben
Old 02-24-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics And Vid