Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide!!!!!!!

I have been wanting to put headers on my car ( TA 02 M6) since the day I got it. After reading all the horror stories of installing them I always keep pushing it off. Well I think it has finally came time to go ahead with it. I really need your guys help on what I need and What to buy. I am looking at Hooker LT's, cuz all I have heard are rave reviews. Is the install as hard as I hear everyone say it is? I am pretty mechanically inclined and have done all the mods to my car myself (springs, thermostat, etc. etc. etc.) i wantto make sure I do it right, for I am on a budget and cannot afford a mess up to pay and have it fixed. What do I need to buy? Do i just buy the Hooker headers and all the install hardware comes with it. Do I need to buy 02 sensors. Right now I have a SLP Y-pipe. Will the hookers work with that Y pipe with no modifications. i want to do this right the first time. I have also checked all the install guides I can possibly find on the net to learn more on what to do. i have all the tools other then a torque wrench ( I am going to pick one up.) Anyone have a good site to use as a guide. I really appreciate the help in andvance. I dont post much, but i get tons of info from all of you. Again thanks to all!!!!! Pictures of my car below.
http://community.webshots.com/script...bumID=70635141