Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Toys Ram-Air w/ SLP Lid (stock MAF) Any issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast Toys Ram-Air w/ SLP Lid (stock MAF) Any issues?

'02 A4 Z28, full bolt-ons....

I have an SLP lid w/ K&N and stock MAF. Will the regular Fast Toys Ram-Air work fine with this set-up? I'd rather not spend the bucks on the Fast Toys 85mm lid and MAF if its going to be a neglible difference. Thoughts?

Also, I'm in North Carolina. The car will not be a daily driver and should not see rain. BUT it is hot here. With a torque convertor, 24k tranny cooler, the fast toys ram-air, and a 160 T-stat, will I have any issues running hot?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 PM
FormerVendor

The FTRA will work great with your SLP lid and stock MAF! You will definitely see a good improvement.

We've been selling FTRA's since 1998 and in that whole time, we have had maybe 3 complaints of people finding their car was running too hot after installation. For 99.9 % of the cars out there, you will be just fine.

We have FTRA's on cars all over the place including, TX, CA, FL, Hawaii, Kuwait, Mexico and more
Old 03-17-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

The FTRA works like a charm! no overheating or running rich on my car, with stock MAF and SLP lid. a great product.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok thanks.

I had one on a different LS1 cars about 8 years ago and never had any overheating issues, I just wanted to make sure the design hadn't changed since that time. I'll be calling you this week!

Thanks!!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

You won't have any overheating issues - but the car will run slightly hotter than without the FTRA duct blocking the center of the rad...