Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it worth it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it worth it...

i have got some flowtech long tube headers for my car. its a 98 z29. i went to a muffler shop and they told me that they would put them on and make a y pupe with no cats for 550. it that worth the money or would it be better just to do it myself. he also said that to put them on you have fo lift the motor a little bit. is that true or will you be able to wiggle them in. thanks for all your input guys...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

I would buy a ory and put them on yourself. Its really not that hard just a little time consuming. I dunno about the flowtechs but Ive done pacesetters twice and I havent had to lift a motor yet..
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You just need a few hours of time and a friend to help. No lifting of the motor is needed. A little something to think about, if your wanting to change out your motor mounts, when your doing you headers would be a good time. Good luck with what ever you choose.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Teching In

ok i have decided to just do them with a friend. thanks guys i didnt think you would have to lift the motor but just wanted to make sure. again thanks for the help
Old 03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lifting the engine is not required. Just make sure that the car is high enough in the air, maybe about 2.5 feet. You will have to take off the starter and the oil dipstick. I did a set of flowtech not to long ago, but had problems with clearance on a lowered car. I swapped them out for Macs and honestly, mids are harder.