Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about tsp true duel and tsp t.d. or Borla with off road y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about tsp true duel and tsp t.d. or Borla with off road y pipe

Do they fit with out any problems on the fbodys with long tubes? Is there anything that has to be cut or removed for them to fit? How loud are they? I don't want an exhaust that is obnoxious loud. right now I am running a cut out on stock exhaust but I am adding long tube and trying to decide what to do with my exhaust. I got the off road ypipe with my headers. How does the borla flow with the 3" off road y pipe? Which is better and why?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TD's are going to be louder than a CB, that's a fact. If it's a DD, I'd avoid them. I'm running SLP Shotgun Resonators in place of my mufflers on my TSP TD's, so they're obnoxiously loud. You'll gain more power from TD's over a CB, but if it's your ears you're worried about, I'd go with a CB.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Borla I can get ya a hell of a deal
Old 03-19-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabrizi
The TD's are going to be louder than a CB, that's a fact. If it's a DD, I'd avoid them. I'm running SLP Shotgun Resonators in place of my mufflers on my TSP TD's, so they're obnoxiously loud. You'll gain more power from TD's over a CB, but if it's your ears you're worried about, I'd go with a CB.
Read Pat G's writeup of how to get 500rwhp and you will see that a properly setup Y and catback can indeed make just as much power as TD's
Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Borla...
Or go better get a Corsa!!!