Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust and Headers Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust and Headers Help

I need help! Can someone give me the pros and cons on the Borla Catback Exhaust (tuneable) and the Corsa Catback Exhaust. What is the weight and performance difference between the two. Also, which will strike more fear into the heart of those ricers?? LoL, other thing I need help with is on headers. I'm looking at Thunder Racing Race Headers, SLP Long Tube Headers or if someone has a suggestiong for another brand. Which is going to give me the best all around performance? Any and all help and comments are much appreciated!!! Thanx guys!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:28 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Exhaust and Headers Help

Look into a set of Jet Hot or Kooks. ---->
For sound, Hooker Catback.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

try a search, there is alot of info on these topics.

all catbacks give about the same gains. I like the corsa. Sounds great with LT's cats and a cam. On a stock car however, the borla will probably be louder.
Try listening to them at www.ls1info.com. they have sound clips there.

I wouldnt buy SLP's if you are concered about ground clearence. They are the worst. Kooks or thunder would be perfect.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

hookers sound really sweet when you are WOT. None or very little drone when you are cruising highway and such.
I really like my hookers.
IMO: best bang for the buck. call thunder racing seems like they have best deal and are always helpful and friendly.
I was stuck (like you) between the borla/corsa thing. It was hard to justify the $700 for an exhaust I didn't hear on my car yet. There are a few peeps selling used corsa and borlas on here and @ cofba.org.
no matter what you decide, I think you will be all smiles when you "fire" that puppy up.
good luck.