Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in 98 and 00 manifolds and y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 09:57 AM
cry-baby buyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Difference in 98 and 00 manifolds and y-pipe

I may have a chance to get long tubes off another car but the car is a 00 and i have a 98. I'm going to need to find the manifolds and y-pipe that will fit the car. I still have my stock manifolds and y-pipe...will then work. Will the 00 longtubes fit my car, what are the difference if any?? what are the diiference in any of the manifolds though-out the years?

Alan
Old 07-27-2003, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Difference in 98 and 00 manifolds and y-pipe

1. Different AIR flange positioning (fixed by twisting flange on AIR tube or buying year specific part)

2. Different location of catalytic converter (Y-pipe for 98/99 not usable on newer models without modification)

Yes 00 LT's will fit your car. No stock Y will work with LT's, are they not offering you both the LT's and a Y-pipe? If not, then a few of the sponsors offer Y-pipes for various LT's. Hope this helps.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:49 AM
cry-baby buyer

Ok...I know the stock y-pipe doesn't work with the longtubes. I have shorty headers on the car now but i'm going to need to find the manifold that will fit the 00 to put it back stock...I'm going to get the longtubes free

So it will come with everything to put them on my car. But it will suck that i'll have to remove and install them on both cars. I've done mine once, wasn't bad but....

Alan
Old 07-27-2003, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood what you were asking.