Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for headers....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for headers....

Not your normal every day headers... Something that will fit my Jeep.

Here's the story,

The pipes that you see are from Advanced Adapters for a Gen 3 GM motor and a narrow frame early Jeep. Exactly what I have. Well, they don't fit. The collector tube strikes the motor mounts on both sides. What I need is for you guys to hook me up with some information. Are any of you using a set of headers that look similar, but instead of the collector coming straight down, it sweeps towards the rear? I think that would fit perfectly. I am trying to keep the pipes inside the frame rails, so no fender tubes.

I would like to buy new, so if you guys could just throw out some brand names for me to research that would be perfect. If I can't find anything within a few days, then I might be open to buying used.

Thanks ahead of time,
Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

How much interference with the mounts is there? Possible to do any grinding, and or use different mounts? Maybe some JBA shorties would work out for you.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

X2 for shortys. I think it would be alot less expensive. Or if your a skilled welder/fabricator wich you probably are if you own a jeep and doing swaps like that, then you can get those kits from summit or jegs to make your own headers. What size tires you running and what kind of lift you got on that thing? I got a 98 wrangler with a 3inch body 3inch sky jacker and 35's. Its got the stock six cylinder in it though. Wish I can have a V8.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Bump... Anybody got anything else? I've been searching for some shorty headers but haven't come up with much that I like. Most websites don't have a picture of the actual product, so I'm reluctant to buy. Any in house experience?