Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not useing the the two rear O2 sensors or O2 sims...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 04:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not useing the the two rear 02 sensors or 02 sims.....

Im in the process of looking for a offroad Ypipe, they are insanly expensive so i was thinking about having one just custom made and if i went that route i probabily wouldnt use the back 02s that go into the cats. But my question is, would it affect how the car runs at all w/o the back to 02s there?
Old 07-29-2003, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: Not useing the the two rear 02 sensors or 02 sims.....

The car will keep a constant Service Engine Soon light on if you remove the rear O2s and do not use O2 simms. You can however, get the rear O2 sensors disabled with LS1-EDIT tuning.

Without the rear O2s functioning (or O2 simms), the car may be put into a limp mode and run poorly, as well as get worse gas mileage.

Tony
Old 07-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Teching In

The car will keep a constant Service Engine Soon light on if you remove the rear O2s and do not use O2 simms. You can however, get the rear O2 sensors disabled with LS1-EDIT tuning.

Without the rear O2s functioning (or O2 simms), the car may be put into a limp mode and run poorly, as well as get worse gas mileage.

Tony
I agree with that one. Alot of people will deny it and show no real proof of it, but when I ran w/o o2 simms on my Mustang for a while and on my Camaro for a while, they didn't really get many good times. But soon as I put the simms in, I noticed a difference, as well as better track times. I know usually weather plays a roll, but this was similar weather too.

I'd get one anyway or disable it through LS1Edit... plus a bonus of no SES
Old 07-29-2003, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

What "insanly expensive" y-pipes are you looking at?
Old 07-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Teching In

I actually havent found any Off road Ypipe yet that will work with the shorty headers or even a stock manifold which is what i need.... But the Ypipes for long tubes are like $300.....
Old 07-29-2003, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

For the track I had Extentions made to replace the cats & I ran it with simms. But when I replaced the stock cats with Random Tech Hi Flo I could stay legit with minimal power difference. On the Dyno it was 3hp (big deal).
Old 07-31-2003, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

I actually havent found any Off road Ypipe yet that will work with the shorty headers or even a stock manifold which is what i need.... But the Ypipes for long tubes are like $300.....
SLP has a Y that keeps the cats and will work with stock manifolds or shorties it's $195 or so new. Pretty much worthless hp wise maybe 2rwhp if that. You can find them used for $100.

Random Tech and Mac also make aftermarket Y's for manifolds and shorties.

The Y for LT's is very different than the Y for shorties.