Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to bolt on LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile What to bolt on LS1?

I have a 98 LS1 in a 92 4x4 truck and I am unfamiliar with the best bolt ons for the money. Could anyone give me advice on what bolt-ons could be bought to get the most performance. I am also wanting to put in a good sounding camshaft. If so what is recommended to give the best sound and performance with stock heads in this truck. I do have custom built headers and a flowmaster 3 chamber single in and dual out muffler. All exhaust tubing is 3". I would greatly appreciate any advice and even offers to sell me some used aftermarket parts. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure how your induction is set up, but a lid made me feel the diff. You already have free flowing exhaust which was the biggest restrictor on my car. I've heard pulleys only net maybe 3 hp. I know that a ported TB doesn't change any hp, (or at least it didn't in my case). Of course, an ls6 manifold will get you a few ponies, However, if you're going to cam the truck, I'd probably save for a good set of heads, 90mm TB and FAST intake. Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:24 PM
9 Second Club

for the price of a underdrive pulley and belts (got a quote for 235 shipped to my door), a dyno shop told me they saw a consistant 7 rwhp increase, and many have said its worth a solid tenth in the 1/4 mile, id says thats definatly a good horsepower/doller ratio... a lid would be good too but im sure you dont have thaT setup.