Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C question... How to install dryer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A/C question... How to install dryer.

So, while doing my cam I cracked a line and the freon leaked out.

I replaced the line and I bought a new dryer. I plan to take it to Firestone to get it vacuumed and freon put back in but am curious about re-installing the dryer first...

Can I reinstall it then take it to Firestone or should I have them do it? I was afraid to take the plugs off of it and bolt it on thinking it would be getting exposed to the atmosphere...

If I do take the plugs off the new one and bolt it on do I need to have it immediately vacuumed?

Thanks for any advice!

Mark
Old 04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is just sand in there. IF you really wanted to you might be able to stick your old one in the oven and bake the water out.

If you install the new one and seal the system up right away you will be fine. Just don't open it and leave it open for a couple of days while it is raining.

To be even more safe you could jsut let them install it. I don't think they would charge you much if the old one is pulled out already
Old 04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just put it on, they have to pull a vacuum on the system before they charge it and that boils any water out