Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header addition ? power

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header addition ? power

I had asked about the Flowmaster cat back, which did not sound like it would do much good. So I purchased a set of Mac headers and Y pipe to go with the Flowmaster to make a whole system. Will that help the flowmaster to any good or will how much will my sytem help the car.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Header addition ? power

Depends on your other mods. U should be getting 25 to 40 rwhp stock. I got shorties which are less efficient and I got 27 rwhp w/o cats and w/ Hooker catback. When I was stock.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:35 AM
Teching In

The only mods I have done so far is the TB bypass, opened the air box, K&N, and Hypertech programer. Hope to get a rear end with 3.73 and stall this month before I start on the engine. I have only had the car a month so I have to hide the money I spend on it from the wife , but I am doing the performance work as fast as I can.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know what u mean, I'm sure one day u will hear "U love ur car more than me".
U could get a 100 shot NOS before your TC and gears (I assume u have a GU5) 3:23. It's cheaper and only used when needed. Also with 3:73 ur MPG will hurt a little more. Get bellows, pullies, ported or GMAF.
Get your car on the dyno to be able to monitor your gains and have a baseline for the future.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Header's will help you out a lot, you will be able to feel it.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Teching In

I have the 3:23 but I was afraid the rear end would not hold up for long. The shop told me if I do the heads and cam I did not want to use the nitrous with it. The nitrous is one of the options I wanted, so I am trying to decide to go engine route or blower route. Susposedly it is not good with the engine work to put nitrous or blower, I do not really know.