Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me out with gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me out with gauges

I've asked around the boards numerous times, with minimal response. I've been given the link to this guys site who as write ups on the install of his oil temp gauge. I even tried emailing him with my question, no answer. Can I install the oil temp sender into the drain plug of the oil pan?? If so, what size brass adapter do I need?? Please help me out guys!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Please help me out with gauges

1st...You prolly get no response because not most ppl aren't interested in an oil temp gauge.

2nd....most senders are 1/8"

P.S. alot of times you'll find a port just above the filter, I'm not sure about the LS1 though but it's worth a look. I would be concerned about using the oil pan bolt location. I wouldn't want a big sender and wire protruding from there! It would make for an easy target for a rock or debris to catch. No need to explain why that would b a prob.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

I installed my sender in the oil diverter plate, just above the filter. Probably the same way that is in the write-up you speak of.

This one maybe? http://xse.com/leres/ss/gaugepod.html

I'm sure you can install it in the drain plug, but do you really want to.?
Old 08-05-2003, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah that's the write up I've read. What exactly do you have to do to install it into that oil diverter?? He talk about drilling and tapping. How did you do it exactly?? Why would you say "would you really want to?" about the drain plug idea?? Just wondering. Thanks man!