Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need pacesetter collector advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need pacesetter collector advice.

I have searched without much luck so....I have installed my longtubes and I need to connect them to the tsp true duals . this is a 3" to 3" connection. There is not much room to weld on the top of the header so I quess I am gonna go with a clamp of some sort. I don't want any leaks and I hate doing things 3 times sooo please advise.

My current plan is to swell a 3" pipe and slip ip over the collctor with a t-bolt clamp.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The TSP system is alread swagged to slip over the headers. Best bet is to use the clamps like you mentioned or preformed bandclamps.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Full-Force
The TSP system is alread swagged to slip over the headers. Best bet is to use the clamps like you mentioned or preformed bandclamps.
Yeah, the system has been hacked tho and I have to make a foot long piece to connect the new headers to the used dual setup. I should have welded flanges when the headers were on the ground huh. Live and learn tho.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, the system has been hacked tho and I have to make a foot long piece to connect the new headers to the used dual setup.

Sounds like the perfect time to install the stainless steel flex tubing in that gap to allow more movement in the exhaust. I'm considering this when I do my header install.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Funny You mention that...I just mentioned that to my co-worker moments ago