Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low end loss w/ LT's????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low end loss w/ LT's????????

After installing my LT's, the car seems to have lost a little low end tq. It picks up really good around 2500 RPM but anything under that and the seems to rap up VERY slow. I don't have tuning so the A/F ratio could be part of the problem. Also, the collectors had part of an old y-pipe welded on it so I had to cut about 1 1/2 inches of the collector. Could this be the problem? The rest of the mods are in the sig. Flowmaster is coming off ASAP. It sounds really bad w/ LT's. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks
Ryan
Old 08-06-2003, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Low end loss w/ LT's

I can tell you that after installing long tubes I experienced the same thing until I tuned the car then it no longer had the "lag" in the bottom end of the power band.
As far as cutting off 1.5 inches off of a Hooker header collector I don't think you will ever see a difference. A full exhaust system will not allow a correctly designed header to show its true potential and at the same time also covers up mistakes in made header design. If you remove the exhaust system then the effects of a poor header design will be more prominent. Also consider that your Y-Pipe basically functions as an extension of your collector. The headers that we have for these cars are generic, they are not made to fit a particular combination but more to work well over a broad range, so a minor change in collector length will not be detrimental especially with a full exhaust system.

Later,
Bart
Old 08-06-2003, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Low end loss w/ LT's

Thanks. Did you use LS1 Edit or use a MAF Tuner?

Ryan