Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!A.I.R Removed/pump Piece on Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!A.I.R Removed/pump Piece on Intake?

I am doing a head/cam/LT swap. I have removed the A.I.R system due to Race headers. However, there is a "T" of some sort on the back of the intake. I removed the part on the drivers side of the intake that had hoses running to the back of the intake. Can i leave that piece on the back of the intake without covering the holes or does this still need to be there. Does the module on the front side need to be there? Help!!. hoping to put intake back on this afternoon... THanks,KD
Old 05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think you're talking about the small black vacuum line? If so, I just threaded a small screw into the opening to seal it off.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Well actuall there are several holes.. There is a "T" like thing in the back of the intake. That was connected by a small tube to a module on the drivers side. That was connected to the wiring harness. Now that i have removed all of the hoses, i dont want any issues just leaving it there..I also removed that module. i need some feedback.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Old 05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tylerdj
I think you're talking about the small black vacuum line? If so, I just threaded a small screw into the opening to seal it off.
I did this too, no problems. That should be the only thing you unplugged/removed.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Default Here is my pic..

Originally Posted by andrew69_04
I need to know if i made a mistake. Does this have nothing to do with the AIR system.I do believe that the 02's do not have EGR.. I am running race headers. Do i need to plug that module back in and run the little vac line to the back of the Intake and plug the other hole or what?
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!A.I.R Removed/pump  Piece on Intake?-intake.jpg