Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost my belt, had to get towed, did I get the right replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Lost my belt, had to get towed, did I get the right replacement?

Well yesterday sucked ***. Made a quick entrance onto the expressway via the on ramp and once I got on the E-way my Check Gages light cam on. Volts down to 10. Everything else looked good. 15 seconds later came around a curve and noticed I had no power steering. OH ****! My belt is off. Hit an off ramp and as I slowed my temp gauge pegged over 260 so I shut it down and coasted to the shoulder. Popped the hood and everything looked good other them some coolant that bubbled out of my overflow tank and my lack of a belt. Got towed home, hit the SEARCH here on Tech and picked up a Gatorback 4060760.

So now, heres the question. Leading up to this, the belt I got from TSP had been jumping one rib here and there, so I'd check it alot. I was going to buy a Katech Tensioner to remedy this. Will the 4060760 stay on with my stock tensioner or should I still get a Katech? With the stock tensioner should I have got the 4060755? The 760 was TIGHT to get on. I really had to work it to get it on the tensioner. Fired it up and everything was good with no apparent side effects but after this I'm paranoid so if you guys recommend an adjustable tensioner I'm there with the quickness. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well ****, after do some more searching using the two parts #s I prolly should have got the 4060755. Even though the 760 seemed a little tough to get on the tensioner pulley. I'm going to take off the 760 and throw on the 755 and leave the stock tensioner/pulley on and see what happens. I will keep the 760 in the trunk though, just in case.

Quick Reply: Lost my belt, had to get towed, did I get the right replacement?