Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV set up

I searched this and seems to go both ways. Im installing a fast 90 with TPIS 90 TB without the PCV vacuum port. Some say put valve cover breathers on, others say this wont work and will blow the gaskets. Who can put this to rest?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You are not going to find an answer that is definite. It is all in your particular setup.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 AM
On The Tree

I can tell you that I have the original PCV setup still on mine. It works fine. I have seen guys go with the autozone breathers cause it looks cool.

semper
Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by primer84z
I searched this and seems to go both ways. Im installing a fast 90 with TPIS 90 TB without the PCV vacuum port. Some say put valve cover breathers on, others say this wont work and will blow the gaskets. Who can put this to rest?
Think about it. Pressure inside your crankcase building up enough pressure to push out gaskets instead of going out of a free flowing breather element. NO! Breathers are safe, but you will smell the fumes instead of making your engine eat them. The pcv system does not need to be hooked to a vacuum source, Its done for emissions and driver comfort. Unless your boosteed, then the rules change
Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with a LS6 valley cover and PCV along with a breather in the passenger side valve cover...these are GMPP valve covers and have no provisions for the plumbing that you find on stock valve covers..I rinse the K&N breather out once a month..it has worked just fine for the past 2 1/2 years and 50,000 + miles..