Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bracket on driver's side rear coil rail bolt

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bracket on driver's side rear coil rail bolt

There is a bracket that fits over the top of the rear bolt on the coil rail on the driver's side and was wondering if anyone knows what the bracket is for. I can feel it is holding something but can't see that. I wanted to take my coil pack rail off the driver's side in order to paint the coil packs and need to take off that bracket in order to get the rail off. The bracket is held on by a nut on the coil rail bolt and by a bolt on the back of the engine. If anyone knows what its holding, and the size of the bolt on the back of the engine it would help out greatly. The car is a 2000 with AIR and EGR. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Still hoping someone can help me out with this
Old 05-23-2008, 06:32 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I can't think of what that would be right now....but...When you put the coil rails back on leave out those back couple bolts. It is much easier to get everything on and off that way. I think I have 4 total holding mine on. Has been that way for years.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

I can't tell you what the part is called but it has a plastic tube that connects to the AIR part thats behide the head. It also has a wire connection on it. If I remember I can get you a picture of the part tomorrow
Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a right angle bracket with clip on it and a metripack connector directly on the clip?

It is the knock sensor harness bracket I believe.