Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of full bolt-ons for a V6 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default List of full bolt-ons for a V6 camaro?

I am so confused on what would be the best way to go on all the bolt-ons for a V6 camaro. I am wanting to get the best bolt-ons that would work best together for the largest torque and horsepower gain.

Does anyone have a good idea of all the bolt-ons I could get for the best results? A list would be awesome, I can look them up and research them all.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey buddy not sure if this would be the best place to find out about what combinations work best on the v6's. You will also have to state more info about what year and stuff. I believe there are some v6 boards somewhere out there and maybe a few threads on here.
obviuosly you want the engine to breath better so intake and exhaust are really the best bang for the buck mods, then free mods like bypass throttle body, maybe a crank pulley etc. Sorry prob did not help you out much but try to find a more specified area that know a lot about the v6's
Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Yeah, I was afraid this really was just meant for the LSX engines, sorry. But one question, when you say free mods and bypass throttle body what do you mean? I heard it might help to port my throttle body, but what does bypassing do?
Old 08-20-2008, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
Yeah, I was afraid this really was just meant for the LSX engines, sorry. But one question, when you say free mods and bypass throttle body what do you mean? I heard it might help to port my throttle body, but what does bypassing do?
when I say free mods I mean do anything you can to gain horsepower by doing simple little tricks that do not cost any if not just a few dollars. I am not even sure if on the 3.8 they run a coolant line through the throttle body (this was designed to create warm being burned air for emisison reasons) if you see a coolant line going through the throttle body just cap the nipples on the throttle body and get a coupler to couple the lines together and your done, this will make the air that is being sucked in your engine more cool and dense therefore more power.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Alright, thank you for the help and sorry for all the dumb questions.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
Alright, thank you for the help and sorry for all the dumb questions.
Hey your are here to learn.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php

Quick Reply: List of full bolt-ons for a V6 camaro?