Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAC Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC Header Install

I need some help getting the passenger side header in, pulled the starter, o2 braket and egr **** from that side, but still cant get it feed up into position. Any body done this and have a few suggestions? Go from the top, take the motor mounts apart, anything??? Please help. JP
Old 09-03-2003, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: MAC Header Install

I undid the tranny brace and had a buddy push the tranny over a little to make more room.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a small square piece of metal on the block. find it and cut it off. thats where mine was getting cought. the starter shouldnt be in the way... vary the angles that you have the collector. hope this helps
Old 09-03-2003, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, forgot to mention that I took that off too. Aluminium + Hacksaw = 10 minutes of your time.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys! I found a site online that showed going in from the top, I saw that little boss (part you cut off) and was skeptical on cutting it off. So i removed the coil packs, valve cover (which i really didnt need to), unbolted the pass. motor mount, jacked the motor up and the header pratically fell into the hole. Dropped the motor down, tightened up the mount and bolted up the rest of the motor and that was it. probly took the same amount of time cutting the boss of as it did going that way. But thanks again for the input and good luck on your cars. JP