Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions about QTP cutouts.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions about QTP cutouts.

Have an 04 GTO and I was wondering where the best location to have cutouts welded in at? Planning on getting some LT's along with it. Furthermore, how much does it typically run to have someone weld in electric cut-outs?

Lastly, is gto's exhaust is 2.25 all the way back?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the 04 mufflers are located towards the middle of the car, as opposed to the 05-06 mufflers which are located behind the rear axle. So you are limited for places to put the cutouts. Obviously you want them after the cats and before the mufflers. Put your car on ramps/jack stands and check out your underbody. Just pick a spot where the cutout will clear everything. Another good tip is to point them down as much as you can without sacrificing too much ground clearance. The more they point towards the ground, the louder you will be from the sound bouncing off the pavement.

As far as a brand, I would go with DMH. Dave makes a top of the line cutout. If you go to his site, you can check out a couple videos. The motor on the DMH is very strong compared to your other 2 choices I think the blade opens a full 90 degrees from completely closed to completely open in just over a second!!! Give Dave a call